Monday, March 26, 2007

You Push For Bush?

Oh the trials of being part of the generation that never votes!

Well, at least some aren't too inclined.

For instance, no one my age to talk to about it. Of course it's so easy to just call Bush an idiot (it IS true) but no one has anything else to say. It just sounds remarkably intelligent and suave to their ears.

"Dude, Bush is like such an asswipe and an idiot."

Obvious...Yet not as detailed as I'd like to hear. Nor as intelligent.

Asswipe? Asswipe?!

C'mon.

The worst folks though (not just basic commenter's but really must be quite delusional) are the ones who kind of coo over Bush simply because it's the opposite of what others are doing. It's not rooting for the underdog...It's just someone trying to be viewed as having independent thought. It just isn't my cup of tea. I'm not saying people should follow all packs, I'm just saying it's a little off to do something opposite than everyone else JUST to appear original. Try something a little more creative. It may take time, you might not get acclaim for it. You might not be able to wear it on your tee shirt (OH HOW MY GENERATION WILL SUFFER!!!!) but you will be better off.

It's not original, it isn't as intelligent as one would like it to be, and it's more than a little silly.

People who are for Bush (I won't even start), you're in the dark. I don't know how you could possibly be in the dark. I don't know why you voted for him TWICE if you did...BUT that's your mindset. It would be great if you tried something else but hey, you might not want to.

So who am I voting for?

No idea.

I'm completely split.

"You mean we could have a woman OR a black man as president????" AWESOME!

Does that mean I think that either one is the best choice at the moment? No. I think Obama is extremely intelligent and charming (For crying out loud can we have a charming president again??) and Hilary is also extremely intelligent...And a woman.

If I don't vote for Hilary does that mean I'm a traitor to my sex?

I don't know. I don't know if I'll vote for her. I think she could screw up monumentally.

I think Edwards for the moment is a good bet for the country at this time. I don't know if I'll vote for him either.

And if Al Gore finally stops being a tease...

Then all bets are off!

I vote for Gore ;)

...I don't think he'll be running though.

Have a great Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Just to be "different" take a look at Richardson. Not charismatic, only OK looking, but a background that reads "I was born to be president".

If the front runners fall apart for some reason, the governor of New Mexico looks darn good.

27 March, 2007  
Blogger blueINdallas said...

vb - You are more thoughtful than many people who actually do bother to vote.

I live in a neighborhood where pro-Bush bumperstickers are the norm. (Your generation has tee-shirts, mine has graduated to bumperstickers because you can't wear a tee to work.)

This is a very church-y area, and while I do attend church, I don't mingle or join in any activities. I've heard a lot of people say that, for them, being Republican is just anti-abortion (without any thought to the reason or subsequent quality of life of the woman or child), anti-gay and, therefore, pro-God. Personally, I think wingnut platitudes like that would make Jesus cry.

Glad you & Rob are around to inject a bit of youthful insight to the other blog, too.

27 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home