Wednesday, February 21, 2007

When my eyes beheld an eerie sight

Not so pleasant sights of the week:

1.Anna Nicole Smith's clown video.

I still haven't quite gotten over that one.

2. Scary altered 65 year old trio of collagen abuse that confronted me and Muzzy on the street and then proceeded to ask me how old she was (She looks a lot younger and acts it so people are often confused)I responded happily TEN and waited for the normal conversation about how energetic and friendly she was. I instead received a "She's a OOOOLLLLDDDD lady, she's going to be gone soon!!" Then they began to giggle. I wondered two things simultaneously: One, how could they speak with those lips. Two, She looks half her age and has had a lot less work done than you.

What is wrong with people? Seriously. Who says that??? It probably doesn't help that Cool Yule passed away yesterday morning. I did get to have a nice long talk with him on Monday night when I realized this was it. I don't understand how I'm a bit odd for quietly mourning a friend and good model for art, but others can mourn the loss of a shoe with great remorse. He's very important to me. I'm not just going to think of him as an object and replace him to fill a void. Seriously though, who wants to be accosted by something that looks like The Grinch with inflated lips in the first place? Much less be told something strange.

I know I don't.

3: The Victoria's Secret on Broadway. I just want to buy lingerie. I don't want to be sprayed with something smelly. I don't need to know what the Victoria's Secret motto is. I definitely don't need a clevage enhancing bra with superpowers and jingle bells and x-ray vision...In twelve different colors.

I left with a bag full of pretty panties, a sea faring pink dog....And a big headache...But was it a sexy headache? You bet!

And 4. Giuliani's running for president!!!! NOOO!

So the Scooter Libby trial progresses, England has pulled out of the Iraq war (GOOD!C'mon America! Your turn!), and I really dislike Heather Mills. She's crazy!

Hooray for The Beatles!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerry McKibbins said...

Heather Mills will be on the new Dancing With The Stars or whatever it's called. I've never watched it before but you can be sure I'll catch it this time around - I hate her too, lol!

21 February, 2007  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Put me on Sir Paul's team as well. Keep all flesh plumping chemicals away. Wrinkles are great; it's the brain that matters ... ten is a great age for a day or so.

I always inform those cologne armed sales people that I'm not a weed that needs elimination. Enjoy the pretty panties.

22 February, 2007  
Blogger blueINdallas said...

Ah, it sounds like you are a freak magnet, too. As long as they aren't dangerous, they make good stories and life more colorful.

Told someone I was worried about just having the pet sitter check on the cat while I'm gone this summer. She said, "Yeah, she'll probably die of a broken heart while you're gone; that's what happened to ours."

People. Ya gotta love 'em.

26 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home