Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cold Kickin Fruity Goodness

Having almost beaten the dreaded dinky cold down with the lovely power of fruit smoothies and soup, my mood is up and much better...And less clouded.

Thank goodness!

I got very lucky over the past few days and found quite a few good films to watch:

Little Miss Sunshine is great, Strangers with Candy is...Strangers with Candy heehee, and New York Doll was an excellent look into Arthur "Killer" Kane.

This was much better than my usual sick and bored and unable to read or sketch routine.

I then spent the rest of the evening teeheeing with my father on iTunes. We bonded over excellent 60's pop...and covered our ears at bad covers of excellent 60's pop.

He started the evening by showing me how he injected himself with the meds and showing me his very pointy needle (forgetting my giant fear of needles and possibly not noticing the look of woozy terror on my face) while making jokes at meds expense.

Meds were not totally put off by that.

And oh my god it just started snowing, giant big fat flurries floating about tantalizing my fish who looks just a bit worried...And it's sticking!

Finally it's the end of January and I get my snow...Otherwise winter's just a bit depressing don't you think?

I am so incredibly pleased.

Now, this is for a certain sir who told me that "Once you've seen one Charlie Chaplin movie, you've seen them all!"

Sir I feh you again :)

Feh!



Happy snowy Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning!

4 Comments:

Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

One more to see ... If you've missed it
"Little Big Man"

Watch for the line :

"I shall use the mule skinner as a reverse barometer !"

Have you seen the Adams and Abby PBS ? Really very good, but American Experience is always top drawer stuff.

31 January, 2007  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

He was so beautiful, how he went from dead-pan performance, interspersed with the slightest appropriate facial expressions, to that big happy normal wonderful smile.

Silly Sublime.

As to excellent 60's pop, I don't know if this is a remake or an original (think the latter) but it's definitely got an awesome 60s feel to it. Hope you enjoy. I totally do.

31 January, 2007  
Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

Hey, I saw this lady on the google review pages several weeks ago, I gave her your address ... You two may like her writing .... I think she could use a shot of your wisdom.

Clueless in NYC

31 January, 2007  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Please do tell the gentleman (?), who is not aware of the genius of Chaplain, that you have scheduled a neutering for him as it would be a rotten shame for him to breed.

Enjoy you lack of germs and presence of snow.

31 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home