Monday, December 11, 2006

Good Afternoon!

Ahh the holidays.

If there's ever been a possibility of happiness and hell wrapped with a bow, it's probably the holidays.

Unless you count the idea of someone assassinating Bush...Then we'd get Cheney.

So either the reason no one's attempted squat (No I am not for murder but come on it's Bush)is that Americans are intelligent enough to know we'll get Cheney.

...Or they're just bored and watching reality television again.

Heh.

What is worse? The puppet or the puppet master.

Last night I took place in a heated argument in which a few members had a bit too much wine, so part of it didn't necessarily make sense.

Some believe (I do not) that Bush is just an idiot. I believe he's a sociopath and an idiot and his actions are in fact quite evil and despicable.

There was a very rosy hue immediately after the elections, people were happy and a lot (including myself) very surprised. It was a great wonderful shock. Now the hue has worn off and mostly from what I've gathered "Independent Voters" really aren't expecting much from the democrats.

Understood.

There is something I don't agree with when it comes to "Independent Voters"...and yes I know that by referring to them as that makes it seem a little snide and sarcastic...honestly that's not what I think. I don't agree with the idea that there is no difference to the "Republican Party" and the "Democratic Party". There are many similarities and being a Republican or a Democrat does not make one right or wrong.

It's always just the people involved.

Truthfully, I'm very bigoted against Republicans.

I don't like or associate myself with any of their "ideals". I do very much believe in the rights of individuals one in particular being gay marriage. I think that with most democrats even if they don't agree with gay marriage they get that it's not their decision and they do not have the right to even attempt to say who can or cannot be married. Being gay has never been a choice, it isn't right to be bigoted against anyone black, white, muslim, chinese, hispanic, jewish, etc. Being a homosexual despite many beliefs that it is a choice is not. AT ALL. Well, wait. Let's see, you can make the choice to stay in the closet and be miserable and not feel whole. Otherwise it's all the exact same thing...for everyone. Get married, don't get married...whatever.

However, in my still farthead eighteen almost ninteen year old brain it is absolutely fair to be bigoted against Republicans.

I'm open to changing my mind on that if any Republican doesn't come off as a fool.

But c'mon, you voted for Bush...TWICE!??!?

Haha, Happy Monday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Durward Discussion said...

My you are in rare form today. Having paraded around the earth for over 60 years I've found you believe many things at one time that you no longer believe. It is the human capacity to change their mind that keeps things interesting.

You will find that your core beliefs really don't alter all that much unless something truly dramatic happens.

With you I think all prejudice is just plain stupid. At the same time I know that poverty and ignorance can make any group more dangerous than others and too much money and the wrong kind of education can cause a group to be selfish and venal. (Not all members of a group all the time, just the way certain causes breed certain effects).

This country may not recover from Bush in your lifetime. I really hope I'm wrong about that, but he has done so much damage to our reputation, our economy, and the public's faith in its leaders that just seeing him on TV makes me want to cry.

As to being gay or lesbian that is as much of a choice as the color of your eyes. It is a prejudice so foreign to me that I sometimes just stand gapemouthed at anyone who voices it. When it is a male of the species giving voice to it, I just naturally assume they are closeted, self hating, and pitiable. I'm usually right. :(

11 December, 2006  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11 December, 2006  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Okay now that was wierd. It showed that I hadn't posted and kept asking for the verification codes. Sorry about that. You only have to read it once. :)

11 December, 2006  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

When bush was re-elected in 04 it told the rest of the world that America supported everything he was doing and that's when the rest of the world said to hell with them. Who can blame them?

12 December, 2006  
Blogger Sue said...

You are so smart. What a great post. At this time in our history it's hard to be centrist. I applaud you for being true to yourself.

14 December, 2006  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

I think your ghost is haunting this post..we'll see what happens when I go to post...

Good for you for standing up and letting the Repuke Chips fall where they may...and Sympathy for the Devil isn't happening on your watch- that doesn't make you bigoted against Repugs- that makes you smart dearie...really honest to goodness WISE....

( and we all are gonna be a whole lot wiser when this is said and done and this Criminal Regime is OVER....)

17 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for hating Bush so much. I hate 'im, too. Reading your rant brought a smile to my face...
peace - t.g.

20 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home