Saturday, October 07, 2006

And Still You're All Going To Be Doing Fine

Fall has approached and come and seen and chilled and moreso...angered.

Why are people so god awful moody with a bit of a chill? I thrive on it!

Took the train in to get home from my mother's...not quite as lovely as the last. Possibly because of the moods that erupted from the people around me...or just not the right day.

Saturday people running into my city to see a show, or meet with friends, dance, or anything. It's great, fantastic even...but don't poop all over my party. I like the train ride, I like the chilly weather. I like my mittens that are made for children (ages 4-7...I have small hands eek!)...and we all know what it's like to be stared at. But sometimes I don't want to be focused on that much.

Especially by a few snarky girls. Actually I just was contemplated by the first group. The second group whom I passed while getting off the train and smiled at (in the hopefully least yech way) and later stood on a platform near for my connecting train inched towards me and glared and later heard what was clearly pointed in my direction a very dersive "Bitch.." and then the three broke out into giggles.

What the hell?

I looked at them for a moment and they glanced at me and then said let's move down to the next section.

This is not a Woody Allen moment. I do not have intense moment of paranoia. I'm usually zoned out into my own world so that the only thing that does wake me up from it IS something directly meant towards me.

Otherwise I'm just kind of not listening.

Yech, well people today were just plain weird in general. Granted, Penn Station...not too fun always.

Grand Central Station...Fun.

Penn...Ehh.

Dirty with big red light district signs.

Oooh! A big neon sign! Prostitution! Prostitution! Derelicte Delights!

Oh wait. It says shoe repair...huh?

The large crowds of bored cops doesn't help. They look so indifferent and deadly tired. I almost feel like running up yelling "I've got it! I've got a big bomb! Run from my big bomb!" Just for the chase.

Like you do with the dog who's been laying on your carpet boring holes into the back of your head.


Come on Muzzy, I'm a big squirrel! Chase me, chase me!!!!

I didn't though. They had guns...and in my knapsack that was supposedly carrying a bomb I had my damp knit hat, various dirty clothing, and vaseline.

Never leave home without my vaseline.

In fact, the only time I finally found someone in a good mood was in Starbucks. Desperate for coffee and my eager mood back I ran in for a chai latte.

But face it if you were around that much caffeine all day, wouldn't you be happy too?

Either that or quite paranoid and hearing angry women say bitch to you.

It's all the mind you know.

Well, I'm glad to be back home.

Happy Saturday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was just the mean girls..bet they don't know how to actually THINK, though.

08 October, 2006  
Blogger vanillabirdies said...

haha they tend to appear more often then they're wanted don't they?

Well, think is a five letter word. Which is close to a four letter word. Which it must be :)

08 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home