Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I don't believe in Nixon, I just believe in me.

The FBI files on John Lennon have been released after a settlement. The settlement basically allows that more of the original information is visible. In the older documents large paragraphs were "blacked out"...maybe because their reasons for Lennon's investigation and attempted deportation had no real just cause?

Yeah.

It's very interesting to look over, like a Tiger Beat biography gone republican. For whatever John Lennon's problems in his personal life could be he was a great speaker and mind. Although he isn't alive for this lovely war his ideas connect more than before (if that is even possible). The allegations tend toward outrageous and were in fact proved very untrue.

John was very left wing but he did not join any groups that were of the "extreme" nature.

For anyone interested go take a peek at the articles here:

http://www.lennonfbifiles.com

Plus lots of other fun things to go take a peek at while you're at it.

News for me,

La Monster Migraine is preventing me from sketching. Argh. Muzzy the Mooch is bothered by me at the moment...and yet the world still spins.

Huh. :)

Merry Early Christmas! And since it's Christmas (and what have you done) and it's a Lennon enthusiastic blog (another blog over)...youtube is my friend.



War is Over if You Want it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Sorry about the MIGRAINE. Muzzy is probably just trying to be sympathetic.

Lennon was remarkable and creative man. I can't imagine him joining anything more subversive than the Beatles no matter what the FBI says. I loved his written and cartoon works almost as much as the music.

20 December, 2006  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Imagine music without him. Without him we wouldn't have "Imagine".

Take care, love Muzzy for me and have a very Merry Christmas. Let's all hope for real peace next year. :)

21 December, 2006  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Dear Vanilla,
I have to read up on this Lennon issue, I have thought forever that there was much more to the story...and that he was treated poorly by this country's gov....sad, so sad.

Have a wonderful Christmas this year,.....
I hope you and little brother have many good times..

thank you for being such a wonderful part of Blogatopia,,,,

25 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home