Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years Eve Part One

Ugh. I've been slugging about all day with moments of pacing and lots of Bowie to listen to. I have the feeling this could be a three part blog throughout the night as it's already bothering me, yet the night hasn't begun.

My father is dealing badly with aches and pains, my mother has called twice as I'm sure her own New Years plans have fallen through and she's wondering where that daughter of hers might be. Still haven't returned her call as I'm working on the gall and ability to make my plans sound much worse than they are to make hers much better in comparison. They might be just that bad, but as the night hasn't begun yet I can't take that chance!

Off to friends party/birthday/my birthday (despite pleading for her to leave it for her own birthday celebration)tonight where I know very few people...Actually I think she doesn't either as her mother has taken over the party because like all of my friends "I need to be celebrated" parties...They fall apart before they've begun. I'm feeling a little lost, gone are my normal New Years Eves of walking about the city or during some years New Jersey and making short but interesting conversation with others doing the same. Now I'll be sitting in a room watching as my friend tries to ply me with liquor (I get drunk much too easily so I prefer cola, what's the point of being drunk off of a few sips to want to fall asleep after a few more?) so she can begin her appeal for a menage a trois with pompous boyfriend du jour or just act out her ever recurring idea that I am an unknown extension of her and she can do as she wants and place thoughts into my obviously vacant and vapid ditz mind.

Help me.

Haha, I have very few female friends my own age. Any females I do know that I don't believe have moments of utter derangement are a bit older (more than a bit) as the two or so I'm actually friendly with are known for having the more than occasional "brain fart" and suddenly believing I'm out for something in the male species and am going to take all of the attention (somehow...I have no idea how!)away!!!! It's all part of a master plan I had involved Hussein in and now that he is dead it has failed.

Speaking of which, why is he dead? He found a lovely way through this to martyr himself forever as THE terrorist icon. It's disturbing...And worthless. I found out at a Patti Smith concert on Friday that he'd actually been executed. Smith's words on the matter? There should not be any celebration on this.

It's absolutely true. This hasn't done any good for anyone and it probably will make it worse. BUT there must be a plan to look like someone's doing something right!???

I mean, next to watching reality television.

Well, it will either be interesting or very dramatic and shudder inducing (at least that's what I've been telling myself for a month and a half). I wish that my friend was not turning me into a centerpiece as well as entertainment. I also wish that she had not told me she was giving me my gift tonight rather than on Tuesday and that I had to read the card aloud to a room full of strangers.

It's all about performance, I feel used. I'm kidding. I do though. It's one thing to give someone a gift in an intimate you are my friend this is for you situation but to make the card a speech that I have to read and not her, it just seems weird. She also would like impromptu speeches about her and how she's affected everyone's lives.

I'm sure I'll be back to blogger during the night though in what state I don't know. However, now I'm off to CrawfordsList as I hear it's rocking tonight!

Gabba Gabba Hey :)

Have a great New Years Eve :)

Love,

Arabella

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Bains said...

Whoa... Well, hhmmm.. somehow a very Happy New Year's to you, Arabella.

And as your last post indicated migranation, and this post suggests such is possible again, I'll be hoping you find some joy and a few "short but interesting" conversations to buffer the banality!

Don't let 'em dull the celebration of your being born!

Na zdorovje!

31 December, 2006  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Happy Birthday Happy New Year

Tell your mother things are so dull you are forced to be in a chat room with over 40s and not available by phone. :-)

BTW, You can find the Crawford crowd on Brians chat room at 8:00 p.m. New York time.

http://www.brianarens.com/blog/

Click on chat

Hope you are having way too much fun.

31 December, 2006  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Here's to a hopeful new year. Hope that leads to more happiness.

01 January, 2007  
Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

I'm starting to swell up like the Graf Zepplin.

MAC MANIA is wonderful tonic however.

Here's one for your dad :

HCNN

01 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home