Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm in the mood for spring, simply because you're near me.

...Well, you were.

Yesterday was an incredibly beautiful day. I'd gone to New Jersey to visit my mother and managed to drag her back into the city unaccompanied for a few hours.

Which were spent winding about Central Park.

Hello Alice,

Hello lovely children on Alice,

Hello crab apple teenagers moping about Alice,

GOODBYE crab apple teenagers....

Hello Hans.

No children have ever really climbed on Mr. Anderson or his duckling who gazes. I think I did a handful of times but he never held as much appeal as the "Alice Statue". It was always a grand triumph to climb to the top of Alice and whisper in her ear. Then climb on top of her head and watch the ducks in the pond. Hans Christian Anderson (as wonderful as the statue is to look at now) wasn't as recognizable as Alice and the Wonderlanders.

I only took a few pictures yesterday. Too busy trying to sort things out with my mother, too busy saying hello to children, too busy wondering if I wanted it to stay warm or I wanted snow.

Truthfully I'd like a warm snow with lot's of sunlight, a bit of dewy rain, flowers blooming everywhere, and a side of broccoli rabe...to stay.

But I'd rather not rush a good part of the year and let it go as it wants to.

Today was gas. Everything was all about gas. But was it a gas? No, but not worrysome either.

Phew!

As for politics?

Bush is still an idiot and Bloomberg is O-tay.

It's only Monday.

Hope anyone and everyone had a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Bains said...

too busy wondering if I wanted it to stay warm or I wanted snow.

Too true!

It'll snow, soon enough. Upon Hans and Alice, kids and all.

:)

09 January, 2007  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Happy Tuesday. Let bring on Spring early with a sing along.

Jamie

Im as busy as a spider spinning daydreams,
Im as giddy as a baby on a swing,
I havent seen a crocus or a rosebud,
Or a robin on the wing,
But I feel so gay in a melancholy way,
That it might as well be spring,
It might as well be, might as well be,
It might as well be spring.

09 January, 2007  
Blogger blueINdallas said...

Ah, yes. Reading about Alice helped me remember Hans Christian Anderson. Thanks for the memories.
Thinking of you two, too.

10 January, 2007  
Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

You have the blood of Big Dogs,

Never forget that.

11 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home