Sunday, March 18, 2007

Go Forth To The Meadowlands!

I went to Beatlefest (or known as The Fest For Beatle Fans???...Okay Apple is on a mission) on Saturday and of course have decided I'd prefer to live IN Beatlefest.

Yes, honestly.

I am never more in my element than sitting on the floor somewhere doing something or nothing and listening to a band play. It absolutely charges that up when someone is playing The Beatles. Probably the best fest I've been to. They had a killer group of people there including Bob Gruen, the original Quarry Men, Paul Saltzman, Mark Hudson, The Smithereens (because of their new album "Meet The Smithereens"...They did a great job, GO GET IT!) and a lot of other great guests. The Smithereens did an absolutely amazing performance. I was in one place for 10 hours which is incredibly strange for me but honestly I would want to live in Beatlefest, sounds terrible...BUT I would. It gets to be the most relaxed, happy, and fantastically cool time.

At the very end of the night I stood on the slowest line for Mark Hudson's autograph (he'll actually talk to you, it isn't a cafeteria line...grab your gruel and go go go!) something I never do (I never really find a need for autographs, who knows?) and am completely thrilled I did so.

My hair was up in the tell tale "you just didn't want to listen to me today did you?" bun and he commented that down it must have looked very beautiful, crazy, and wild and not to ever change it.

And when Mark Hudson tells you to do or not do something...You listen. :)

Now MEET THE SMITHEREENS!



Have a great week!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Durward Discussion said...

When we were in Vegas for a meet, I went to LOVE the new Cirque du Soleil show based on Beatles music with reengineered Beatles recordings. It was incredible. There is a DVD that is worth having. If it's still running when you can go, do it. If there is ever a DVD of the show, get it.

18 March, 2007  
Blogger blueINdallas said...

Sounds very cool. The Smithereens covered a...I'm gonna say it was a Julian Lennon song, but maybe it was one of John's songs...maybe 10 years ago.

Yep, the "LOVE" CD is awesome & the sound system in Vegas was great. Speakers in your chair's headrest and in the back of the chair in front of you.

Glad you enjoyed the fest!

21 March, 2007  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

You were in your glory. Good for you!

22 March, 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

Excellent. Paul Mc. was my first boyfriend and he shall be my last. She with no leg remains nameless.

24 March, 2007  
Blogger Rob said...

I found out this year that the Beatles were creidited with saving the guitar.

25 March, 2007  
Blogger Kerry McKibbins said...

When I was in 6th grade, I won tickets on the radio to a Beatles...convention in NYC. My dad actually let me go with my best friend. I don't remember much except we were too young, lol.
My 10 year old has just discovered the Beatles. He listens to Revolution over an over and over......

30 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home