Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Quotes To Make The Mind Boggle

Left alone with my imagination (which face it, can get a little annoying given too much free reign), I've decided to type in some famous quotes where the ideas of the writer or speaker are fully intwined with the ideals of that person...or at least their famous personas. It's all in the mind you know...

"I love talking about nothing, it is the only thing I know anything about."
-Oscar Wilde

"I would rather watch somebody buy their underwear than read a book they wrote."
-Andy Warhol

"I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars."
-Abby Hoffman

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
-Salvador Dali

I love quotes, I love reading anything that goes on in anyone's head. It's upsetting and neurotic to think that what people say isn't exactly what they feel or think. Don't believe in the phrase "brutally honest", brutal is brutal. Brutal is awful. Honest is good.

My last quote?

A very fun one at that.

"Facts are the enemy of truth."
-Man Of La Mancha (Said by Don Quixote)

Wonderfully weird for the weird at heart, but also a predecessor to Steven Colbert's "Truthiness"? Ahh that kind of ruins it.

Steven Colbert as Don Quixote...Hmm

4 Comments:

Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

Ahhh
A woman after my own heart. I'm BIG fan of quotes. They fill 27% of my warehouse of trivia
Here's an original I wrote in the Big Spring State Hospital.... After a 54 day waltz there.

The Meaning of Life :

Life is a series of seemingly random events, some of which are designed to knock you on your ass.
The meaning is to get back up.

28 February, 2007  
Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

Hey why don't you let me make you a header .... Send me some of your favorite images and I'll paste something together ... I've gotten pretty good at it.

My last one :

Click Here

28 February, 2007  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

I'm with CB on this one. Random remarks just jump out and entertain though I can't quite see John Stewart as Sancho Panza ... Rosadante maybe hmmmmmmmmmmmm

02 March, 2007  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Rocinante ---- the wit of the staircase strikes again.

02 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home