Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Don't watch the news...just yet.

After a night of semi-horrible painting (it happens) I turned on a Mario Cantone program in hopes of seriously chilling out. His sister was my much remembered Theatre teacher all through elementary school. She was pretty intense.

I always loved the school, I'm a big fan of old buildings in general and it's a beautiful big building...But it was a great school. When I was going there, there were a lot of other kids with parents who were writers or artists as well so it was a lot of fun.



My favorite part of the school was the fact that James Cagney attended it growing up...and was kicked out quite a few times while in attendance. My last year there was I think a centennial so they asked the graduating students what they thought we should do. I wanted a plaque dedicated to James Cagney.

It didn't happen. It might have by now, which would be very cool if it did. I hope they didn't spend it on something silly like better basketball hoops.

Huff! Just kidding. It was a great school though. And with a lot of interesting teachers. Some more determined to be interesting than others. Often a little mind boggling.

And in other news?

I hate watching the news lately. There's such a huge overfocus on people and things that are useless. I hate that the war is almost like an after thought.

It's very easy to say "Bush is an asshole."...And then do nothing. No voting, no protesting, no independent thought.

A whole lot of Paris Hilton this week though.

God, please no more Paris Hilton coverage. It's infuriating. WAR GOING ON NOW.

I feel very guilty though.

If I were catholic, I'd do penance.

First thoughts when the breaking news tagline "PARIS BACK TO JAIL" popped up...with the under note of a medical condition she needed fixin' for?

"Gonorrhea?"

But really, who wasn't!??!

Haha. Sorry about that Paris.

So can we draft certain people to Iraq? Just certain people, you know. Go on, think of a few names!

I've spent the last few weeks taking care (Okay fine, part time nanny...Nanny, yeesh.) of the two year old who shall remain nameless.

Conversations with PinkZilla:

"Can I bite you?"

"Well, no."

"Why!?"

...The only little kid I've never been able to communicate with. She makes me a little nervous to be honest.

So that's what's going on for the moment.

By the way, happy 1st birthday to my blog.

Cake, ice cream, and Paris Hilton footage for EVERYONE!

:)



The earliest class photo I could find. 1942. Very cool.

5 Comments:

Blogger Durward Discussion said...

'cause I bite back and I have bigger teeth.

I would have tagged you with 8 things I've learned just to get your perspective on the world, but you were into NOT WRITING for a spate. Good to see you back and doing a bit on one of my favorite song and dance men.

13 June, 2007  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Let's draft the Twins and Joe "DINO" Lieberman's children.

BTW, Happy Bloggiversary!

Tag? I love to play!

13 June, 2007  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

Oy veh! Sorry so late but,

HAPPY BLOGGIVERSARY!

Hope it's still the writer's blahs and Not treatment for rabies instigated from Pinkzilla that makes this 9 day old post the latest.

{-;

20 June, 2007  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Thank you for the notes and comments I have missed you much....loved your Old School- ooops now I have that Paul Simon song stuck in my head....and yes I am soooooooo sick of Paris......yuck...( and yes, I am Back...keep writing..)

20 June, 2007  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

Hola 'Nilla. Sure hope Pinkzilla didn't give ya rabies...

L8

22 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home